How To Check PNR Status
With the advancement in technology, Indian railway has also launched various simple and instant methods to check the rail ticket PNR status. Following are the various ways to check the PNR status of your ticket.
- Check your rail ticket PNR status online via a internet
- You can check your rail ticket PNR status on phone or via SMS.
- You can check your rail ticket PNR status in person.
Rail Ticket PNR Status Online
- Log on to www.indianrail.gov.in and click on the PNR Status link on the top right corner of the page. Directly go to the link http://www.indianrail.gov.in/pnr_stat.html
- Now enter the valid PNR number in the field provided. PNR number is written on the top of your of e-ticket or i-ticket issued by Indian railways.
- You can also track the PNR status through IRCTC website http://irctc.co.in but it requires you to sign up firstly.
Rail Ticket PNR Status On Phone
- Dial 139 on your mobile or fixed line phone for enquiry.
- On connect of the call, it provides instruction for preferable language change.
- Next it will instruct to dial the specific number to track the PNR Status. By dialing such number and entering your ticket PNR no. you will be intimated about the status.
Rail Ticket PNR status By Sending a SMS
- You can send a SMS to 57886 stating your PNR number with the PNR code and get the immediate response stating your PNR Present status.
- For example you can SMS PNR<PNR NUMBER> to 54959 or 5676747 or 57886 or send it to 139.
- If you have forgotten the code then you can SMS HELP TRN to 54959. This message will help you fetch the standard SMS codes for different services.
For more information of SMS enquiry you can visit: -http://www.indianrail.gov.in/railway_SMS.html
Note that above service of SMS or Phone calls are not toll free numbers. Railway SMS charge costs you Rs0.50 per SMS and where as Phone call will be costing your STD call rate per minute.
Rail Ticket PNR Status In Person
It is one of the old methods used by the passengers various years back
- Simply visit the nearby railway station with your PNR number.
- Approach the enquiry counter in order to get the status of your ticket.
- Communicate the PNR No. to the concerned person available on enquiry counter and he will give PNR status immediately.