Documents required for tatkal passport
If an applicant wishes to obtain his/her passport through the tatkal scheme, it means he wants his/her passport sooner than the required time used in obtaining a passport normally. For this there are certain documents have to be submitted for the process to start. The documents required for tatkal passport are given below.
- Verification certificate as per the specimen at Annexure F and standard affidavit as per the Annexure I along with the tatkal fee. The tatkal fee is in addition to the applicable passport fee and payable either in cash or DD in favour of Passport Officer concerned.
From the below given documents three should be submitted as a photo identity document and at least one of the three must be amongst the documents between 1 and 9.
- Elector’s Photo Identity Card (EPIC)
- Service Identity Card issued by State/Central government, Public Sector Undertakings, local bodies or Public Limited companies
- SC/ST/OBC Certificates
- Freedom Fighter Identity Card
- Arms license
- Property documents such as pattas, registered deeds etc
- Ration card
- Pension documents such as ex-servicemen’s pension book/pension payments order, ex-servicemen’s widow/dependent certificates, old age pension order, widow pension order
- Railway identity card
- Income tax identity (PAN) card
- Bank/kisan/post office passbooks
- Student identity card issued by recognised educational institution
- Driving license
- Birth certificate issued under the RBD act
- Colour photographs with white or any light coloured background (mandatory)
All these documents have to be produced in original along with self-attested copies.