Cancellation of an E-ticket booked on IRCTC website
Cancellation of an e-ticket procedure
Cancellation of an e-ticket is only possible through the internet by following the below given steps
- Log on to www.irctc.co.in and go to the section Booked Tickets.
- Select the ticket to be cancelled
- Now click on the cancel tab to cancel the ticket
- Cancellation would take place now and it will be confirmed through an email
- Refund of the amount as per the guidelines laid down by IRCTC would be made
Cancellation of e-ticket after chart preparation
Tickets cancelled before the preparation of the chart, that is, 4 hours prior to the departure of the train are refunded automatically. In case the ticket has been cancelled after the preparation of the chart an email has to be sent within 30 days to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning all the ticket details. IRCTC will then work out the whole process and refund the amount eligible for the passenger. This process might take up to 60 days.
Cancellations of e-ticket in case the train got cancelled
In case the train gets cancelled due to any unforeseen reasons the full refund is possible if the ticket is cancelled within three days.